Verify functionality of Philips Foot Control in Windows
What follows, is a simple and easy way to check if a Philips Foot Control is correctly configured for use in a Microsoft Windows Operating System in Windows ‘Devices and Printers’.
The example shown is for a Philips 4 button/pedal Foot Control model ACC2330. The Foot Control must be connected to a USB port on the PC.
For Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Launch the Windows [Control Panel]
- Open [Devices and Printers]
- Locate and right-click on the icon for [Footcontrol USB]
If you do not see the above icon then the Foot Control has not been successfully installed by Windows and you need to contact support.
- Select [Game controller settings]
You should be presented with the [Footcontrol USB] with a status of [OK]
- Click the [Properties] button
You are presented with the [Test] panel and 4 red circles representing the Foot Pedal pedal status-condition
- Individually ‘press and hold’ each of the Foot Control pedals. A numbered circle will ‘light’, indicating which pedal was pressed
The ability to control each circle individually indicates a correctly recognized Foot Control in Windows
Was this helpful? Leave us a comment to let us know or sign up for our blog and get updates hot off the press!
Makes me feel better that my computer is recognizing it, even though express scribe is still not recognizing it