Verify functionality of Philips Foot Control in Windows
What follows, is a simple and easy way to check if a Philips Foot Control is correctly configured for use in a Microsoft Windows Operating System in Windows ‘Devices and Printers’.
The example shown is for a Philips 4 button/pedal Foot Control model ACC2330. The Foot Control must be connected to a USB port on the PC.
For Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Launch the Windows [Control Panel]
- Open [Devices and Printers]
- Locate and right-click on the icon for [Footcontrol USB]
If you do not see the above icon then the Foot Control has not been successfully installed by Windows and you need to contact support.
- Select [Game controller settings]
You should be presented with the [Footcontrol USB] with a status of [OK]
- Click the [Properties] button
You are presented with the [Test] panel and 4 red circles representing the Foot Pedal pedal status-condition
- Individually ‘press and hold’ each of the Foot Control pedals. A numbered circle will ‘light’, indicating which pedal was pressed
The ability to control each circle individually indicates a correctly recognized Foot Control in Windows
Was this helpful? Leave us a comment to let us know or sign up for our blog and get updates hot off the press!