Philips SpeechExec and Windows 10
Your computer was upgraded and now your Philips SpeechExec software is no longer working? The most likely explanation is that you were running a version of SpeechExec that is not compatible with Windows 10.
What is compatible?
Here’s a quick overview of Philips SpeechExec Pro software versions, what’s still supported and what you need to know when switching to Windows 10.
Versions compatible with Windows 10:
- Version 10.x
- Version 8.8, supported only up to Windows 10 Version 1511. Please note that SpeechExec Version 8.8 is end of life since March 2017!
Older software versions, not compatible with Windows 10:
- Version 8 to 8.7: software end of support by December 2018
- Version 7: software end of support since November 2015
- Version 6: dongle, software end of support since September 2013
- Version 5: dongle, software end of support since September 2013
What to do?
a) If you have anything prior to version 8.8, you will need to purchase a new license. These can be purchased from a Philips Certified partner. Contact us, if you need help finding one.
b) Version 10.x is the latest software version of SpeechExec. Licenses can be purchased from a Philips Certified partner. Contact us, if you need help finding one.
Step 2: On the current installation
a) Revoke your license (See this article for more information)
b) Uninstall it
Step 3: Go to the product support page for the appropriate SpeechExec version and fill out the webform. Choose the right link below.
b) SpeechExec Pro Dictate and/or Transcribe
(your license key will start with PDBI or PTBI)
Step 4: Follow the instructions on screen and enter your license key and fill out the web form to be contacted.
Still need help? Contact us with your question.
Did this help you? Let us know in the comments below.