How to Fix a Lost Connection for Uploads to Philips SpeechLive
In order to automatically upload supported audio files (.ds2, .wav, or .mp3) from a voice recorder like a Philips Digital Pocket Memo or Philips VoiceTracer into Philips SpeechLive and have the files deleted from the recorder after upload, a user must have the SpeechLive Upload Client software installed and paired with SpeechLive via a connection code. The user must also be logged into their SpeechLive account.
In some cases, when Microsoft applies patches to their Azure Servers, a previously paired SpeechLive Upload Client can lose its connection code.
- The user has been successfully uploading dictations via the SpeechLive Upload Client for some time.
- The user is currently logged in to a supported browser with his SpeechLive account.
- The user attempts to upload dictations via the SpeechLive Upload Client and is presented with this message:
- The icon for the SpeechLive Upload Client running in the system tray now has a red “X” indicating it is no longer paired to SpeechLive with a connection code.
From SpeechLive running in the browser:
- Click on the Settings icon
- Choose <Automatic upload>
- Select <Connect> to generate a new connection code
- Click <Copy> to place the code on the PC clipboard
- Locate the SpeechLive Upload Client in the system tray
- Right-click the icon to show the menu
- Select <Paste connection code…>
- Click <Paste & connect>
- The code is applied, and you should receive a “Successfully connected” message
- Click <OK> to dismiss the dialog
11. Close the ”Copy the connection…” dialog
The SpeechLive Upload Client is now ready to use!
If you have any questions or need more information, leave a comment and let us know!