How to Fix a Lost Connection for Uploads to Philips SpeechLive
In order to automatically upload supported audio files (.ds2, .wav, or .mp3) from a voice recorder like a Philips Digital Pocket Memo or Philips VoiceTracer into Philips SpeechLive and have the files deleted from the recorder after upload, a user must have the SpeechLive Upload Client software installed and paired with SpeechLive via a connection code. The user must also be logged into their SpeechLive account.
In some cases, when Microsoft applies patches to their Azure Servers, a previously paired SpeechLive Upload Client can lose its connection code.
- The user has been successfully uploading dictations via the SpeechLive Upload Client for some time.
- The user is currently logged in to a supported browser with his SpeechLive account.
- The user attempts to upload dictations via the SpeechLive Upload Client and is presented with this message:
- The icon for the SpeechLive Upload Client running in the system tray now has a red “X” indicating it is no longer paired to SpeechLive with a connection code.
From SpeechLive running in the browser:
- Click on the Settings icon
- Choose <Automatic upload>
- Select <Connect> to generate a new connection code
- Click <Copy> to place the code on the PC clipboard
- Locate the SpeechLive Upload Client in the system tray
- Right-click the icon to show the menu
- Select <Paste connection code…>
- Click <Paste & connect>
- The code is applied, and you should receive a “Successfully connected” message
- Click <OK> to dismiss the dialog
11. Close the ”Copy the connection…” dialog
The SpeechLive Upload Client is now ready to use!
Download the Tech Tip
If you have any questions or need more information, leave a comment and let us know!