Philips Foot Control Behavior in Google Chrome
Due to recent browser architecture changes, foot control gamepad events may not arrive in SpeechLive if the Chrome browser is not in focus. This may happen especially in cases where you have another application open in full screen.
Concerned Google Chrome version: 86.0.4240.75
To avoid such issues now and in the future, we recommend to install the Philips Device Connector (PDC).
The PDC natively supports Philips foot controls and SpeechMikes in a Chrome browser. The browser no longer needs to be in focus, meaning you can minimize the Chrome browser and still have foot control functionality.
To use the Philips Device Connector, you need to install two components:
- Philips Device Connector native host application
- Philips Device Connector Chrome extension
The following steps cover the installation of both components:
- Navigate to the Philips Device Connector extension page in the Chrome web store.
- Click on Add to Chrome .
- A pop-up window appears, confirm the installation by clicking on Add extension.
- Download the latest Philips Device Connector native host application setup here .
philips_device_connector_native_host_installer.exeon your local machine and finish the setup. You can now use your Philips dictation hardware on all supported websites (e.g. SpeechLive).
For more details visit the Philips Device Connector Local Installation Guide
This video will also guide you through the installation steps:
Looking for related posts about Philips foot control settings and more? Click here!